About — Uniforms
The official Cub Scout uniform has many parts. Pack 340 requires only a few of them though. The required parts are: Shirt, Patches, Neckerchief, Neckerchief slide, and Red Vest. Optional uniform parts include: pants, belt, socks, and cap. Please see below for explanations on each part of the uniform. Click on the name of the item to see a photo of it.
- Shirt—The official uniform shirt is available with long or short sleeves and has button-flap pockets and "Boy Scouts of America" lettered in gold above the right pocket.
- Patches—Official patches are needed to go on the shirt. They include: Pack Number patches (3, 4, and 0), Den Number patch, Three Fires Council patch, purple World Crest patch, and World Crest 1910 Ring patch.
- Neckerchief—Triangular neckerchief is orange with navy-blue trim for Tigers, gold with navy-blue trim for Wolf Scouts, light blue with navy-blue trim for Bear Scouts, and plaid for Webelos Scouts. Official BSA neckerchiefs are the only neckerchiefs that boys should wear.
- Neckerchief slide—Official gold-tone metal slide with the Tiger, Cub Scout, or Webelos Scout logo. Boys may wear handmade neckerchief slides.
- Red Brag Vest—This vest is for displaying all the patches your Scout recieves that don't go on the shirt.
- Trousers or shorts—Official blue. In Pack 340, we ask that no sports (swishy) pants be worn.
- Belt—Official navy-blue web belt with metal buckle and Tiger, Cub Scout, or Webelos Scout emblem.
- Socks—Official socks are available in three lengths: ankle, crew, and knee. Tigers' socks are navy blue with orange tops. Cub Scouts' socks are navy blue with gold tops.
- Cap—Official navy-blue cap with orange front panel and tiger cub emblem for Tigers; yellow panel and wolf emblem for Wolf Scouts; blue panel and bear emblem for Bear Scouts. Webelos Scouts wear an olive cap with a plain panel bearing the Webelos logo.